HOME > About AAE > Constitution
- Mission statement
- To provide a forum for Asian-Pacific association members to be engaged in the cutting-edge practice,research and education in Echocardiographyand to collaborate with others interested in cardiovascular imaging.
- Article 1 : Foundation
- The Asian-PacificAssociation of Echocardiography (AAE) was created from the Asian-Pacific Congress of Doppler Echocardiography (APCDE)by a unanimous vote of the APCDE Board members at the 16th APCDE in Fukuoka, Japan on March 17th, 2012.
- Article 2 : Objectives
AAE was created to
- Promote excellence in research and education of Asian-Pacific Echocardiography
- Facilitate social and academic interactions among Asian-Pacific members and Echocardiographic Societies
- Organize an annual scientific meeting in Echocardiography
- Establish normal echocardiographic values for Asian-Pacific region
- Publish a newsletter and/or a scientific Journal
- Interact with other international Echocardiography and Cardiovascular Imaging Societies or Association for educational and research activities
- Article 3 : Membership
- Individual membership is open to all physicians, health-care providers, and sonographersinterested in Echocardiography who support the objectives of the AAE.
- National membership is open to all national societies or working groups of Echocardiography who support the objectives of the AAE.
- Each member is required to pay an annual membership fee for an individual membership and for a national membership. The amount will be determined by the AAE Executive Council annually.
- Members will have a discount on AAE annual meeting registration fee by 25% of by the % or the amount determined by the membership committee.
- Members will receive the regular AAE communication.
- Membership application can be submitted via website or directly to AAE office.
- Each member has one vote when a voting is necessary
- Article 4 : Finances
The revenue for the APAE will come from
- Membership due (Individual and national)
- Meeting registration fee
- Subscription fee (when the APAE Journal is available)
- Support from Industry
- Sales of the enduring materials
- Investment by AAE treasure in consultation with AAE Board
- Charity and donation
- There is no salary for AAE Board and leadership unless changed otherwise by AAE Board
- Use of revenue will be determined by the Board for Awards, Education, Publicity, and Research among others.
- Article 5 : Administrative Structure
- The business of the APAE is run by full Board members.
- Full Board members are consisted of
- Executive Council members
- The President
- The Vice-President(s)
- The President Elect
- The Immediate-Past President
- The Secretary
- The Treasurer
- The AAE Education Chair
- The AAE Industry Relation Chair
- International Relation Chair
- The Scientific Program Chair for upcoming annual meeting
- And other Board Members :
- Chairman Officer or delegatefromeach National Society
- Chairman of the Website Committee
- Three ordinary members by recommendation
- Other ad-hoc members invited by the Board
- Article 6 : Committees
- Executive Council or Committee
- Minutes of Executive Committee meetings or conference calls will be distributed
to all Board members. Any strategic proposals from the Executive Committee are subject to final decision by the full Board.
- Nominating and membership Committee
The Nominating Committee will propose the names of members for the subsequent Nominating Committee that will be approved by the General Assembly. The term of office of the Nominating Committee will be 2 years.
- To evaluate and present candidates for election
- To ensure a balance of candidates with appropriate experience from all Asian-Pacific regions.
- To nominate to the AAE membership at least two candidates for each vacant position for the Board to vote
- To create strategies for recruiting AAE membership and to maintain membership list in conjunction with website Committee
The Nominating Committee will consist of five members who will be:
- The immediate Past-President (Chair)
- Four other senior /Emeritus members of the AAE (for example, those who have served on the Board)
- Annual meeting Committee : AAE (Asian-Pacific Echo Meeting)
- Chaired by the President Elect. Co-chaired by the local (national) host
- Drafts the program for the scientific meeting
- Education Committee
- Support to the Chairman of the Asian-Pacific Echo (Congress) Committee
- Active participation in the preparation of proposals for Asian-Pacific program
- Identification of subjects for research initiatives
- Fundraising for research in cardiovascular ultrasound
- Organization of joint research initiatives
- Advice for clinical scientists seeking academic partners
- Organization of a research fellowship scheme for young investigators
- Commissioning and production of educational products
- Organization of teaching course at the annual meeting
- Supervision of AAE sponsorship of independent meetings and participation in regionalmeetings
- Website Committee
- Maintenance of professional and scientific content of website
- Web-based clinical education
- Calendar of meetings in echocardiography
- Liaison with Web officers in membership countries
- Article 7 : Asian-Pacific Journal of Echocardiography
- When AAE is ready, the Editor is elected by the Board for an initial period of 3 years which may be renewed as appropriate. The deputy Editor may be appointed by the Editor.
The Editor has the sole responsibility for the running of the Journal. The Board has the power to discontinue the term of the Editor if this is deemed necessary.
- Article 8 : Elections and Voting
- Nominations for election to the Board of the AAE will be invited from all members, submitted to the Secretary, and then transmitted to the Nominating Committee.
Only members who have paid their annual subscription are eligible to vote.
Voting will be by secret paper or electronic ballot of voting members.
- Article 9 : Term of Office
- The normal term of office of Board members will be2years. They may be able to stand for re-election in open competition for a maximum one more term.
The period of office of the first President-Elect and the President is 2years. An exception is the term of the first President which will be completed when the AAE is fully established financially and recognized by other international Societies.
Past-Presidents are not re-eligible for the Board.
Proposed candidates for President-Elect should have served at least one term on the Board.
All changes in office bearers happen at the annual meeting during the General Assembly.
- Article 10 : General Assemblies
- Members of the AAE shall meet in General Assemblies (GA). GA are attended by the current Board and the members. All members have the right to vote. Votes must be cast in person and cannot be transferred through other persons.
- Notification to attend must be given no less than thirty days in advance to the members.
- The agenda of the GA will be drawn up by the Board and circulated to members no less than 30 days in advance.
- Only those items appearing on the agenda of the GA will be discussed and voted on.
- The President of APAE presides over the GA and is responsible for all procedures related to the preparation and conduct of the GA.
- If the President is unable to perform these tasks, these may be conducted by a member of the Board designated by the Board to this effect.
- The secretarial duties are performed by the Secretary of the Board or by another member of the Board on her/his absence.
- The resolutions of the GA will be recorded in minutes signed by the President and Secretary of the meeting and kept in a register.
- Article 11 : Financial Control
- The role of the Treasurer will be to oversee the Association's funds held by the Association.
The Treasurer shall be responsible for:
- Approving all payments to be drawn on the Association's funds and bank account.
- Preparing the Budget.
- Contributing to financial planning and analysis of Association's projects.
- Article 12 : Changes to the Constitution
- Proposals for changes to the Constitution of AAE can come :
- From the Board (after being approved by 2/3 of its voting members), or
- From members, supported by a minimum number of 50 AAE members
Proposals coming from a group of at least 50 members should be submitted in writing to the Secretary of the AAE at least six months prior to the General Assembly.
Proposed changes must be circulated to all members at least three months before the General Assembly.
The Board shall have the right to comment in writing on any validated proposal and may circulate such commentaries together with the proposed wording to all members prior to the General Assembly.
Proposals will be voted upon at the General Assembly and need to be approved by a 2/3 majority of voting members attending the GA to be accepted.
- APAE Constitution – Appendix
The main tasks and responsibilities of the officers of the AAE are listed below. These may be changed as required and agreed, without reference to a GA of the AAE.
Strategy of APAE
Supervision of organisational structure and initiatives
Approval of expenditures
Chairman of Organising Committee for AAE Scientific meeting
Support to President
Co-organiser of Scientific meetings
(Chairman of Scientific Committee of the meeting)
Immediate Past President
Provide advice to the President and Board of AAE as well as input to the annual AAE meeting
Chair of the Nominating Committee
Maintenance of records of activities and membership
Organisation of meetings
Agenda for meetings of Board
Production of minutes
Editor of newsletter
Supervision of finances and membership subscriptions
Approval of expenditure
Supervision of award of grants
Advice to Board on long-term financial management
Negotiations with possible sponsors and industrial partners
Preparation of budget
Officer for the national societies
Maintenance of contact lists with all national working groups or societies
Representation of issues raised by national working groups
Promotion of regional initiatives and cooperation (education, research)